Why Do I Blog?
Who is Evey?
Evey is my kink persona. She is, simultaneously, the “damsel in distress” and the little girl standing on your shoes as you spin her about the dance floor. Evey is wide-eyed and full of questions Evey is a masochist, a slut (in the most positive sense of the word), polyamorous, queer, and searches for intensity- however she can achieve it. If she could she would devour the entire kink community in one gulp if it meant she could better digest what BDSM, D/s, and S/M were really all about. Evey is a part of me, but only a part. This blog, and the voice contained within, is the story of my experiences, thoughts and feelings in regards to Evey. The stories I write really happened.. my erotica is not the stuff of fiction. I engage in rough, mental and physical force/abuse/domination scenes and sexual play. I am a R.A.C.K. (Risk Aware Consensual Kink) player and an active member of the Denver kink community.
- I write because it is the only way I have ever found to comfortably express my innermost thoughts.
- I write because someone once told me they could hear my voice in the words I put on paper. I found power in the compliment, because I often felt I was lost and had no voice of my own. At least not one easily heard by the masses.
- I write to escape from the emotional holes that I hide in. My partners all know about and actively read my posts. I can communicate to them in a forum where I’m accountable.
- I write to preserve my story. I knew I was beginning something big in my life around the time I started writing. I didn’t want to forget how I was going to get to the great unknown I felt myself heading towards.
- I write to explore how my interactions, scenes, sex and exploration of the community affect my personal journey and emotional growth.
- I write because the idea that people can get a glimpse into my entire life by only being privy to a sliver of my actual interactions is beautiful. The notion that our “selves” permeates into everything we do and are.
- I do not write about people who are not direct partners of my own.
- I establish consent, pseudonyms, and allowable content. I do not write about their partners, other relationships, personal details or non-consenting friends/partners, or those in the community who do are not aware of this blog.
- I respect any request to remove content that involves another’s description, image, identity or name. My goal is not to effect anyone’s life or expose private parts of our relationships.
- I do not take down posts out of my own fear or shame. Once it is up- it stays up.
- I only write from my perspective. I write about how interactions make me feel or affect me. I try my very best to stay away from accusations and slander.
- I ensure every image used on my blog is either by me, of me, or creative commons licensed.
So there ya go. In case you never knew these are my rules. They exist for a reason. I don’t feel my writing would be as substancially important to MY STORY if they didn’t.